If you suffer from allergies as did my son, then you may find these allergy tips useful to aid you in your fight against an allergic reaction. In my research to find out more about allergies and to give my son a better quality of life I picked up and implemented some of these allergy tips over the years. Therefore you may find them useful.
- Scented candles smell lovely, but be aware they can cause significant breathing issues for those with asthma & allergies. When having guests to your home, your best bet is to go with unscented candles.
- Get in the habit of vacuuming at least once a week. Not only will your home look great, but you will also be removing allergy-triggering dust from your carpets.
- Keep your child’s room allergy friendly by only buying stuffed animals that are durable and washable, and then wash weekly. Or place them in a bag and put them in the freezer overnight, killing off any dust mites & bacteria.
- The cold can be less than delightful for people with asthma. Warm and humidify winter winds before they enter your lungs by wearing a scarf or muffler over your face.
- Wash shower curtains once a month or purchase curtains that contain an antifungal agent. Shower curtains are notorious as havens for mold.
- Use a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter. Allergists recommend HEPA-filter vacuums because they reduce airborne allergens by trapping dust mites and other small particles and don’t re-release them into the air.
- Spring Cleaning. De-clutter your surroundings, Knick-knacks, dried or artificial flowers are a magnet for allergy-triggering dust.
- Let bedding air after use (that is, fold back duvet or blankets to allow sheets to air, and sweat to evaporate). By regularly ventilating the bedroom (open the door and a window for a while on most days) you will restrict dust mite reproduction. Dust mites thrive in warm moist areas such as the bed.
- Wet-dust furniture every week.
- Regular professional cleaning to your Mattresses, carpets, and soft furnishings. Ask your cleaning company for a regular cleaning maintenance program, they will be able to provide a discount on the cost
To see further examples of our work or for more useful tips visit our YouTube Channel..………..Don’t forget to subscribe!